1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think two teams are locked into the playoff now -- Neither LSU nor Ohio State should be knocked out with a loss next week.

Clemson is in for sure if it wins, out if it doesn't, Dabo's whining today nothwithstanding. I don't think they'll lose to Virginia. Clemson will torch that secondary.

Georgia is the fourth if it beats LSU.

Utah gets in if Georgia loses.

Baylor/Oklahoma get in if Utah and Georgia both lose.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s like he won.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Damn,I just saw Moddy in Stillwater, OK. Who knew he was a Mike Gundy fan?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly a whale. Maybe plankton. My best weekends during this run I don't think I even profited $100 since I'm putting in $10 and $20 bets.

It's weird, though, because the first six weeks of the season were awful. My modest bankroll (started the season with $130 in the gambling fund) was just about kaput around Week 5 or 6. I turned it around with a big bet on Redskins-Patriots that, if I'd lost, I might well have shut it down for the season. I won that one, though, got a little room to work with, and have been on a good run ever since. This will put me up about $300 for football season, and a little over $400 since this run started.
    I think that's a little better than last year, but back then I got there with a great Thanksgiving weekend. This year has been a more consistent build.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Color-on-color games are usually cool.
    Arizona State's maroon vs. Arizona's navy blue is not.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

All logical and shit. And I’m pretty sure you ain’t new in these parts, so what’s up with that?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Clemson will not lose to Virginia, which put so much into beating the Hokies that it will not care one iota about a game it wouldn't have won under any circumstances.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

At this point, Gamecock fans would gladly give back their win over Georgia because without that result, the SEC would be certain of two teams in the playoff.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

When are you going to get it through your head that SEC fans like THEIR teams and none other?

Tennessee fans are HAPPY that Bama will miss the playoffs. SC fans are HAPPY that they have one decent win this year and would never "give it back" for the sake of the SEC.

Grow the fuck up.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He and Leach did not win their press conferences, that's for sure.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Not sure I agree with this 100%. If LSU loses, I don't think it gets in over undefeated Ohio State & Clemson, Georgia, and a one-loss Oklahoma/Baylor/Utah that would have won its conference championship. I also think Baylor gets in ahead of Utah if both win, as Baylor would have avenged its only loss.

Fivethirtyeight.com has a calculator that shows its model's expectation of which teams make the playoff under various scenarios. It shows Ohio State as most likely of the three unbeaten teams to get in even if it loses next week with a 38% chance (affected by the results of other games, of course), with Clemson next at 23%, and LSU at 17%.

Draft saved Draft deleted