1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake from State Farm, Nov 26, 2019.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I figured Cracker Barrel’s target demographic would be white, bitter Trumpsters.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In the spirit of preventing families getting into political arguments, here are some things that will give you the same satisfaction, without the danger of causing long-lasting damage (mental, physical or furniture).

- The Game of Thrones Ending? Was it good? Are women bad leaders? Do people who ascend to the throne tend to go power hungry?

- The DH? Isn't it about time MLB brought baseball fans together under one unified and consistent rule? Not one rule for some people and another rule for someone else, depending on where a game is played.

- Old Town Road. Is it a great song? Is it a sign of how music has changed? Or just further proof that any idiot can manipulate the Internet to get to the top.

- The College Football Playoff. While the playoff may be flawed, shouldn't we tend to put in those teams that have typically done well, over a team that has never made the playoff before?

- Santa Claus - is it real? is it bullshit or a just a lie we tell ourselves and young people to keep the economy strong and justify irrational acts such as kissing someone under the mistletoe, shoving someone out of the way to get the "must have" gift (that we're buying for ourselves) and generally spending recklessly that we have no chance at ever repaying.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why, smallpotat ...oh, wait.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just not at your table.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Cracker Barrel is a Trump habitat if I've ever known one to be.
    I can only imagine the kitsch they sell now.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I like the food at Cracker Barrel. Of course, the nearest one to my house is like 300 miles away.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Cornish hen in college.
    Nursing the hangover from hell.
    Old girlfriend just cooked the shit out of it. Best bird I've ever had.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not in this country. We need a birth rate of about 2.1 to sustain the population. US birth rate is about 1.72.

And Cracker Barrel has some very nice things. Its tableware is usually very nice. And there was a nice item that would have been a perfect holiday decoration for our front porch. Told the wife I love it, but she must throw something out of the garage before I add something else (which is where it would spend 10-11 months a year).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Le Menu:
    Apertif: Prosecco and apple cider cocktails.
    Roast Turkey
    Oyster Stuffing
    For my son's vegetarian girlfriend:
    Tofurkery breast
    Sage and onion stuffing
    For all:
    Mashed potatoes
    Mashed Turnip
    Green bean dish my son is preparing
    Cranberry sauce salad (whatever the hell that is) my son is preparing
    Dessert:
    Apple pie with cheese and/or ice cream
    Chocolate pie (son's girlfriend makes this, it's good, but I like it better the next day).
    Wines: White is a Macon-Uchizy, Red is a St. Joseph.
    It is possible, just possible, that a shot or two of Jameson's could bolster the dishwashing squad, which is me.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Most definitely, the Irish will help.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted