1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Better racism, less pizza, Papa Johns

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One advantage of living in the Northeast is that one need never eat chain pizza.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The downside to living in California is there are very few nonchain pizza joints that are quality or are there at all. The best I can hope for in my area is a minor chain. It is actually good, but a chain. Papa John's is straight trash. I'll go Little Caesar's or Pizza Hut before that place. Still I've seen people have a straight face when they've talked about needing to open one in their area. I don't get the allure.

garrow likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

NotCal has plenty near me. In fact I’m sitting in a deep dish place right now, great place called Zachary’s Pizza.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Weak. My area of NorCal is lacking unless I want to schlep to San Jose but none of the places are 45-minute drive on a whim good.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Melo's Pizza in Pleasant Hill was amazingly good back when. Either Pietro's in Vacaville is authentic, too. Places like Martinez (with a large Italian immigrant population) usually have excellent Italian restaurants. But then there's Round Table.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Not true if you live in New England other than Hartford or New Haven. Massachusetts Greek-style pizza is trash. Avoid anyplace called Nick's, Greg's or Theo's House of Pizza like the plague. Makes Domino's seem delicious by comparison.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A branch of Frank Pepe's opened in the mall about a five minute drive from my house. Not as good as the original, but still better than pretty good.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL mall pizza.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So many reasons to shun Papa John's. Trumpist Pizza. Supporter of University-6. Expletive him and his product.

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Eh, I never thought he was eating 40 whole pizzas in 30 days. That'd be pretty sick.

From the story:

“I didn’t say I’d eaten 40 pizzas in 30 days, I said that I had 40 pizzas in 30 days,” he told hosts Ethan and Hila Klein.

This is, in fact, true, he insists.

“When I said I had a pizza, this means I’m inspecting,” continued Schnatter. “I’m not eating every pizza, I may be eating parts of pizzas.”

The disgraced former leader says he currently only eats about eight or nine slices a week, though when he was still with his company, he was eating closer to 12 or 15. This means at most he was eating only 1½ pizzas per week, or six a month, which is far from 40.

C'mon, New York Post.

Draft saved Draft deleted