1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Commodore should love Babcock. If Babcock didn’t exist, nobody would have heard Commodore’s name in years.

Liut likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hear you, Sea Bass. Commodore's still popular in Raleigh from the Cup run in '06. The number of people running around the ESA with red wigs and white bathrobes was noticeable.

Got him the sort of contract he was never going to live up to, but no agent was going to refuse the offer.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Didn’t it start immediately after the hit?

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

If I were the Coyotes, I would NEVER mention anything related to attendance, no matter how clever.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yeah, it did, but there was no whistle. One guy woulda jumped on Leipsic and then it would have been over if the whistles were blown. Not five guys fighting. Oh, and no goal either. It would have still been 2-0, instead of 3-0, and the Ducks would have had a power play, not that it would have done them any good with their feeble PP. That's what I thought.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I can’t say I’ve seen it other than the aftermath. But I’m not sure a whistle would have stopped the skirmish.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That had been building all throughout the second period. Leipsic took a big hit on his previous shift, and Guhle and Wilson were going back and forth all night. Hathaway shouldn't be spitting on anyone, but he did take a punch straight the jaw with the refs in between he and Gudbrandson, and there were three Ducks there to one. I can see why he snapped a little.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen a video of the magic loogie.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Interviewed Commodore once, highly entertaining guy to talk to

10. ChrisLong

hathaway spits on gudbranson - Bing video

He got suckered because he was a sucker. If the other guy has grabbed your collar and you both are struggling to get loose, you gotta expect that quick, lunging punch.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Vombatus likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Difference being, they were being held by the linesmen.

12. ChrisLong

He's been in a lot of scraps, shoulda known it was coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted