1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter breaks OTR promise to out Charles Barkley's bad joke about hitting women

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Nov 20, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2019/11/20/repor...-dont-hit-women-but-if-i-did-i-would-hit-you/

I think my biggest surprise in this is that Barkley is supporting Pete Buttigieg.

The joke is awful and waay over the line. Barkley has always been a loose cannon and yet he's somehow danced between the raindrops for all his aberrant behavior over the years. I doubt this will ding him.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  3. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

Surprise, surprise, the reporter in question has some racist tweets in her background that have been unearthed. Feel like we've seen this one before. Crank up the Twitter outrage machine at your own risk.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Danced between the raindrops is +2.

Tweener likes this.
  5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Seriously? You can't make this stuff up. Any examples of prior twitter postings?

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've cleaned up grammar for guys who have asked me to do it. Something like that? Nope. (I just negotiated a kill fee over an interview that would have ended a career.) Holy cow. It's not like Barkley is a nineteen year old kid who has just started feeling his way around the media.

Draft saved Draft deleted