1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bizarre editorial from the Northwestern student newspaper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

OK, Boomer.

2. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

This OK boomer thing is weird. It's the boomers mostly responsible for raising snowflakes. Boomers raised their kids totally opposite of the way they were raised (going to all their events, being too afraid to let kids have any unsupervised activities, personally fighting for their grades with teachers, etc). Boomers have made their lives so cushy. So why do the ensuing generations hate boomers, who have made them feel so special every day of their lives? Boomers may be smart in business, but they are the ones who turned ensuing generations into spoiled entitled people.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

https://i.imgur.com/19NpCdY.png/

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Grrrrrr

5. Fredrick

It's a weird fight ... it's the Boomers fault there are so many snowflakes cause they raised their kids in the age of praise praise praise, protect protect protect (give em a trophy). So Boomers created the lazy entitled generation. Meanwhile, the Millenials and next generation dont understand how coddled they've been so instead of being happy at their entitlement for 22 years, they just say, "OK Boomer." Boomers should be mad at their kids over this but they don't get mad at their kids ... ever.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Christ almighty, it's like you keep getting dumber.

Get back to work already.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hey look who ambled over to the thread to police opinions.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  8. Fredrick

You don't agree? My premise is outstanding IMO.

9. PCLoadLetter

Thankfully I have the playground monitor to keep me in line. You're doing God's work, Alma, but you know that.

10. PCLoadLetter

And what generation does Fredrick pretend to be from?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No. Boomers raised my generation -- X -- and we were NOT praise praise praised whatsoever. In fact we were ignored by and large. It's my generation -- X -- that gave birth to and raised the snowflakes and praise praise praised them and felt the need to give every last one of them trophies and all that jazz. And in return we get called Karen lol.

Doc Holliday and swingline like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m the poster telling people how stupid they are.

Just for argument’s sake, let’s say I am the playground monitor. Who are you in this situation? The bully who throws sand in the face of the weird kid because he’s weird? Who cares what 3rd person Frederick thinks?

Draft saved Draft deleted