1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019-2020 college hoops thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 5, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A little Googling shows regular basketball tops, but some in T-shirts Patrick Ewing style.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Chaminade was NAIA, Virginia lost to the equivalent of a D3 team

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Evansville?
    Back in the 1980s, they wore shirts. Not Ewing-style T-shirts under a jersey.
    Scott Hafner in the late 1980s:
    [​IMG]
    Here is another dude
    [​IMG]

4. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Evansville's entire team, except for one player, was lost in a plane crash in December 1977. The lone player who wasn't on the plane died in a car crash two weeks later. They were a force in D2 for the better part of 3 decades, winning 5 national championships between 1959-71. The '64 and '65 teams which won back-to-back D2 championships featured Jerry Sloan

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Alabama? The team that lost to Penn?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No the team that lost to LSU. I was drawing a parallel based on a previous post

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That LSU-VCU game was fantastic last night ... Rams score 50 in the first half, can't sustain the shooting, then turn to their defensive calling card in the closing minute to get several key stops. VCU fans dressed in FBI gear right next to the LSU bench, taunting Will Wade. Fun game. If that VCU team shoots like it did in the first half -- tough to do, I know -- it's a legit Final Four contender.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You might want to pump that brake a couple times.
    Those are both very good teams. Probably better than their rankings, but VCU winning a Sweet 16 game is a reasonable goal. I’m not crazy about Evans, but Santos-Silva is really becoming one of the nations top players.

Wade watched his old team get some home cooking, but he deserved every bit of that.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Refs really let them play in the final 20 seconds or so. I like Evans a little more than you do ... Jenkins and Vann are the X factors. They'll get consistent play out of Santos-Silva most nights, but those two are fairly inconsistent. That Final Four contender thought was contingent on them being able to shoot well, so those two are huge in that regard.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

While that's high-quality trolling, those fans are aware that Wade coached VCU, right? I don't think it's a given that those hands are clean.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted