1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It’s over... Disney wins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Aug 25, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does Disney plus have non-Marvel/StarWars/NatGeo/animated stuff?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I wonder if Lucas made it a condition of the sale.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’ve read that little package at the end of episode 1 was a huge gift to Disney+.

I have spoken.

JRoyal and bigpern23 like this.
  4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

They have most of the Disney properties, including live action movies. Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Sound of Music, Newsies, That Darn Cat, a great collection of 90s sports kids movies (The Mighty Ducks, Rookie of the Year, The Sandlot, Remember the Titans). They are starting to make original movies and TV shows (current TV show that was ready at launch is with Jeff Goldblum, plus a live action Lady and the Tramp). Both of the Parent Trap movies (Hayley Mills and LiLo versions), The Love Bug, Disney Channel Original Movies, all of the Muppet Movies, etc. Older movies that used to air on Disney in the wee hours of the morning during Vault time at like 2 am. Just a truly astounding amount of content up already.

EDIT: Also my first watch was the incredibly overlooked A Goofy Movie. I regret nothing. #90sKid

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My first watch was the final battle of Endgame from “on your left” forward and then The Mandalorian, twice.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I plan to watch the whole movie again soon. It is certainly worth just watching the final battle, though I prefer starting at the where Captain America wield's Mjolnir, but I've seen it many times already. I saw the full movie in the theater and then once on DVD, but I also found a version of just the final battle on YouTube a while ago.

My first watch was The Mandalorian. Now I'm on the fourth episode of Wolverine and the X-Men. I watched most of the series on YouTube, but I never saw all of it because it aired on some channel I didn't have. They really botched a damn good show by making it so hard to find.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

A bunch of stuff came together to lead to it getting cancelled. Putting it on a two-month hiatus six weeks in was a bad move. Then breaking it up again with a six-week break was dumb. But the ultimate issue was financing. A second season had been approved, and a lot of work was done on it, but after Disney bought Marvel, there was some kind of issue with the financing partner for it, likely because Disney didn't want Marvel to handle the U.S. marketing for the show any more, so it got canned. So it was a great show that came out at the wrong time on the wrong network. Would love to see them re-launch it on Disney+.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I watched The Mandalorian last night and I will watch episode 1 again before I watch episode 2...and I absolutely NEVER watch a movie/show twice. It was that good.

Scout and JRoyal like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Work and choir commitments have prevented my wife from being home to watch The Mandalorian with me. This will change tonight. I actually have managed to avoid spoilers.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You have spoken.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Saw The Mandalorian last night. I'm definitely on board. It was fun finding out some of the actors behind it (and Carl Weathers was a pleasant surprise). And the ending of the first episode really upped the ante.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

For those of us who have seen a few of the movies and now have the whole Marvel cinematic universe at our fingertips, here is a plot-based chronology.
    This is from ScreenRant:

With that established, it's now time to dive deeper into the history of the MCU, from the Dawn of time to Thanos' snap.

Last updated: March 7, 2019

Draft saved Draft deleted