1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Someone actually won a national title in Bowden's shadow. That'll never happen in Snyder's shadow.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Any shadow > Snyder’s shadow. He undermined his first successor, who was, to be honest, quite capable of doing the damage himself. And he’ll probably get at it again as soon as he thinks the current guy is vulnerable.

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Speaking of, Bobby just turned 90. Nice celebration in Tallahassee for him earlier this week.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. HappyCurmudgeon

The Bowden shadow really didn't exist. When he was removed after 2009 season it wasn't his choice so he just left and was either traveling to speak or in Panama City on his boat (hilariously named "Bump and Run"). He and Jimbo Fisher weren't exactly close. I know Willie really wanted to extend the door to him and even convinced Mickey Andrews to return to campus, but Bobby has generally stayed away and hasn't offered many opinions on the state of the program.

5. Donny in his element

Heck, he spoke to the Clemson football team a few weeks ago.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I try real hard to think about Clyde Drexler playing at Houston instead.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

During the weekend when the 1999 National Championship Team was being honored in Tallahassee no less!

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was at Houston for Phi Slama Jama, so my memory is slanted a bit differently, but yes.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

11. Donny in his element

With the early signing period, this will become the new norm. If FSU hadn’t acted first — and received relatively little nationwide backlash — it’s possible Arkansas doesn’t do it this week.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted