1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 11

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing the last time they went on the road to play a middling North Carolina opponent. That didn't turn out too well.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep. They'll go all Florida State of the 1990s on the perpetually overrated and currently injured Wolfpack.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Clemson was booted from the Top 4? Yeah. That's a 55-10 game in Raleigh, maybe worse. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers went into the 60s or pushed 70. They aren't going to be fucking around.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ohio State is giving 43.5 to Maryland. If a conference game is that huge a spread, the loser should forfeit the entire following season.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ohio State goes to Rutgers next week. Has a team ever been favored by 50 in a conference road game?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've had that one circled on my calendar all season. They've played five times since Rutgers joined the Big Ten, and Rutgers has been outscored 271-24. Rutgers hasn't scored a touchdown against Ohio State since 2015. I'm not sure how high the line could be before I'd stay away from it, but I guess were going to find out.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ron Prince just smacked BYH in the head with an empty Labatts bottle.
    Prince's Howard team lost to Turtle U. 79-0.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Non conference game. Conference games ought to be more competitive than 43.5point spreads

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Everybody sure these thursday night games are worth it?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

USF had no issue filling the place when it was good during the Leavitt years. This isn't a Thursday night issue as much as a decade of horseshit football issue.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A run of bad teams playing in an off-campus stadium is a recipe for acres of empty seats.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yup. I know a little something about this.

Draft saved Draft deleted