1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brutal drug cartel slaying, burning

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I just saw the video of the grandfather at the scene of the crime, surveying the burned out car. Sickening. People are fucking animals.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Curious to see how the US responds.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

US citizens living in another country. And the killing was likely a mistake.

I'm not sure how much legitimate input we'll have.

That said, as has already been demonstrated, we'll have plenty of political bullshit to wade through.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Recently finishes Don Wislow's Cartel trilogy.

Fictionalized true events.

Those cartels are absolutely brutal. But the U.S. shares plenty of blame for it all, if you ask Winslow.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Those novels were brutal after looking up the events that inspired the novel. The worst shit was not made up.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No one deserves what happened to these people. No one.

But to use a rhetorical trick Republicans like to use (latest example: the woman playing a late night video game who was gunned down in her home by a cop), had these Jessops not fled American authorities in order to continue to live a lifestyle which allows multiple marriages to 11 year olds, none of this would have happened.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Which is true...

I wonder what the situation in Mexico would be like if the U.S. legalized most drugs. Not that that will ever happen; but ya know, a thought experiment.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

This is horrific. I can’t imagine what went through those poor children’s minds just like I can’t imagine what happens when a gunman walks into a school.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Murder is not a mistake. And this has nothing to do with political bullshit.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This report gives details that suggest it was something else than mistaken identity.
    9 members of American family, including babies, killed in Mexico

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The story in the original post suggests the killing was an error. That one drug cartel mistook the caravan for another.

And the president is already politicizing it. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted