1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10 Thread: The OG, OC Joe Walton edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 5, 2019.

1. A nod to former flop Steerlers offensive coordinator and Jets head coach Joe Walton.

He and Randy Fitchner have a lot similarities.

Anyway ..
    Pats have a bye (NFL is still giving them a win this week, anyway, because, why the hell not). I think Bye is currently tied for second in the AFC North. Plus this gives Tom Brady an extra week to drink the blood of Johnny QB from Foxboro High to retain his youthful age.

Sorry, guys it's another dumpster fire of games this week:
    Carolina- Green Bay, Minnesota-Dallas and Seattle-San Francisco are the highlights.
    We'll actually have a good MNF game this week.

Thursday and Sunday 1 p.m. games are leftover dog turds.

(Byes: Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, New England, Philadelphia, Washington)

Thursday, November 7
    LA Chargers @ Oakland, 8:20 p.m.

Sunday, November 10
    Arizona @ Tampa Bay, 1:00 p.m., Fox
    Atlanta @ New Orleans, 1:00 p.m., Fox
    Baltimore @ Cincinnati, 1:00 p.m., CBS
    Buffalo @ Cleveland, 1:00 p.m., CBS
    Detroit @ Chicago, 1:00 p.m., Fox
    Kansas City @ Tennessee, 1:00 p.m., CBS
    NY Giants @ NY Jets, 1:00 p.m., Fox
    Miami @ Indianapolis, 4:05 p.m., CBS
    Carolina @ Green Bay, 4:25 p.m., Fox
    LA Rams @ Pittsburgh, 4:25 p.m., Fox
    Minnesota @ Dallas, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Monday, November 11
    Seattle @ San Francisco, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

95% of the NFL is nothing but leftover dog turds.
    There is not one single game on that schedule that even remotely peaked my interest.
    Not one.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I see from this schedule that the most likely games to be shown in Boston in the 1 p.m. slot are Bills-Browns by CBS (AFC East team) and Jets-Giants on Fox (Giants often shown here, residue of the '60s). I wonder what else I'll be doing then.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

7-2 vs 8-0 on Monday doesn’t interest you?

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you have any kind of gambling or fantasy interest, there is never a bad week in the NFL.
    If Seattle vs. SF doesn't interest you, why the heck are you on this thread?

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm going to the Rams-Steelers game, so I'm interested in that one. Plus quite a few others.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The 1 p.m. EST slate is really bad this week. Buffalo-Cleveland could be interesting because that's the sort of game that could finally expose this fraud of a Bills team. As much of a mess as the Browns are, they're still favored at home over the Bills. But that's really it. The other games are brutal.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It looks like a lot of guys here will be apple picking on Sunday.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Bills are certainly not as good as what you think a 6-2 team should be, but the Browns are more than just a bad team right now. They're a dysfunctional bad team that might not have bottomed out yet. I can see them pulling it together and winning this game (it is a kaleidoscope league, after all), but I can't fathom why they're favored going into it.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wish you had gone retro and named the “Scrambling Tarkenton” Week 10 Edition....

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We're at the point in the schedule where the bad teams are finally becoming evident, and there are a lot of them. In fact, if I were to rank the worst teams right now the Dolphins somehow might not even be in the bottom five. There are a handful of teams with just as many talent deficiencies that are also in various states of disarray.
    With that in mind, games I like:

Bills +3 @ Browns -- See above. The Bills aren't a Super Bowl team, but the Browns are a mess on and off the field.

Giants - 2 1/2 @ Jets -- The Jets are like the Browns, only worse. They don't even have home field advantage working for them in this one.

Saints -12 1/2 vs. Falcons -- Again, another team struggling on the field and off. This is a lot of points for a game that's usually pretty competitive (four overtime games and only 5 of the last 22 meetings since 2008 decided by more than 10 points), but if the Falcons cover this one it'll be a backdoor cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted