1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Don't forget Jordan broke his foot in his second season and missed all but 18 regular-season games. Didn't hurt him much in the long run.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, no doubt, he could absolutely be fine. The injury history is definitely concerning but could ultimately be nothing.

Just saying, "generational" is a tall order. He certainly could be that, but it's early.

(In 2013 Sports Illustrated called Andrew Wiggins a "once-in-a-generation talent.")

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Timberwolves fans certainly hope that's the case

4. PCLoadLetter

I think he's generational in a "no one that shitty is ever getting another deal that big" kind of way.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Pelicans and OVER in every game. I don’t care what the total is. The over has hit in 6 of 7.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Suns beat the previously unbeaten Sixers to move to 5-2. They didn't get their fifth win last season until Dec. 13. The only losses were by a point each to Denver and Utah. The next five games are at home ... Don't want to get too excited, but I'm intrigued at least.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Booker had 40 points on 19 shots. That's a case study in efficiency. Or lousy defense.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's amazing what having a functioning adult running the point can do for a franchise.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

John Collins joins DeAndre Ayton on the steroid list. 25-game suspension.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of a random question - but I see a lot of these "viral" moments pop-up on Facebook (fans have a fight on Kiss-Cam, Usher starts dancing outrageously, random fan from the stands shows outrageous skills), etc. etc.) always figured they are all staged by the team's PR staff - I'm right right?

11. PCLoadLetter

Yes.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Clippers throwback Buffalo Braves unis are sick!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted