1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's the right hue.

wicked likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I'm still not buying that Bob Stoops noise. I can definitely understand FSU wanting him, I can't understand why he'd want back in college so soon after leaving a lifetime situation in a place that he lives at full time.

I could see him coaching XFL because it's basically a seasonal job coaching men that are trying to showcase themselves to get back in the league, it's not recruiting and dealing with the myriad of other annoyances that come with coaching college.

And fuck Kendal Briles as a HCIW? God damn FSU...What the fuck has that guy done to deserve anything.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s the case here. This athletic department has been through Nolan, Stan Heath and Mike Anderson.

Arkansas really doesn’t want to be paying three coaches at one. Bert, Chad and this year’s Ball State coach or wherever they get him from.

This football mess falls a bit on Jeff Long. He hired Bielema and that torched the long term progress as the West got better.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Arkansas has to be on the Mount Rushmore of Coaching Fails.
    Dana Altman
    Mike Anderson
    Stan Heath
    Pat Bradley
    Bret Bielema
    Chad Morris
    Bobby Petrino

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I won't believe this until he is on the podium.
    I thought if anything, he would have taken Florida pre-Mullen. Even then, it was going to be a stretch.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m still trying to figure out what they saw in Beilema.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I just badly want some other school to fall in love with Chad Morris and hire him away.

Is that too much to ask?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Justin_Rice likes this.
  10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This is the 28th year that Arkansas is playing football in the SEC. So far... 3 appearances in the SEC title game. NO championships. 15 bowl games in 27 years. In the old Southwest Conference, Arkansas went to bowl games pretty much every year. From 1964-1991, Arkansas won 7 SWC championships.

Does anybody actually believe they'll jump Alabama, Auburn and LSU in the same year to win the West?

The SEC... just isn't working for them. In men's basketball, it hasn't worked for 15-20 years. Recruiting base is hard to maintain as Fayetteville is 400 miles from the nearest SEC West opponent (Ole Miss).

I wish they'd just bolt for the Big XII. Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU are ALL closer than Oxford is to Fayetteville. Rivalries would matter again and, frankly, they'd have a better chance to compete.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Captain_Kirk likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You misspelled Mizzou

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

USC's targeted AD may back out because he was told he can't hire Urban Meyer

Morning Buzz: Mike Bohn May Back Out Of USC Deal

Several athletic directors turned the job down because they were told Meyer was not an option, sources said. Bohn apparently was not informed until after he agreed to take the job.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted