1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Probably overall best for the org; let Curry come back late in the year to knock some rust off ahead of the Olympics but keep Klay out all season, then both come back + top 5 draft pick and take their chances next season.

sgreenwell, HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Golden State looks like an expansion team right now.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Golden State is tanking like Exxon. They’ll get in the lottery and draft their Tim Duncan.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Take a year off, relax, sit in the sun, play some golf nd travel a little. Getting paid anyway.
    This year is the NBA’s gift to LeBron. He gets AD, no Warriors, no KD. He got a long off season

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This isn't really tanking. They don't have enough talent to tank. Even with Steph that was a lottery team.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

When your best player leaves on his own accord, your two best guards both are hurt and you are in luxury tax hell forcing you to shed contracts, you can't be accused of tanking. The Warriors hoped Steph and Draymond could carry the team to an 8 seed with some young talent and get Klay back for a run. Steph (and a couple of other pieces) got hurt and that ended any hope of an 8 seed.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Of course the question is, is there a generational player like Duncan in this year's draft?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

is Kyrie Irving or Anthony Davis a generational talent? Because if not, there hasn't been one since James.
    To me a generational talent means that players change the nature of the team for which they are playing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're comprehension skills are awful. The whole "in this year's draft" didn't register?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think this is supposed to be much of a draft, but I really don't follow the college game at this point so I can't say with any authority.

Zion was supposed to be the next generational guy. We'll see on that.

11. TigerVols

LaMelo Ball is in the top 3 of all mock drafts so I’m thinking the correct answer to your question is, “a hell no!”

12. TigerVols

I see that Lebron’s bald spot has already reached midseason form.

Draft saved Draft deleted