1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Everybody laughing that Curry broke his hand tonight dooming the Warriors won't be laughing when they snag some top 5 pick to go with Steph and Klay next year. I will laugh heartily at those who plunked down six figures for season tickets at their new arena though.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Warriors were already doomed. Steph should have been the model of load management this season anyway. No sense in stressing his body in a lost season.

They may end up with a good pick out of this but the Warriors are cooked. Even with Klay this team would be a mess.

Tweener likes this.
  3. DanOregon

I figured they could get a 7 or 8th seed in a pretty even Western Conf. then make some noise with Klay coming back in the Spring. Now you may as well just try and load up - like the Spurs did when David Robinson was lost for a year and they got Duncan.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing going into the season but once you actually see that team in action... (shudder). It’s Steph, out of shape Dray, out of sync Russell and a bunch of G leaguers. They’ll be so far out of it before Klay is healthy that I’ll be really surprised if the don’t just shut him down for the year.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FWIW

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

After the world series, I tuned to the Clipper game, at Utah.

The Clippers were losing.

Kawhi was a DNP for load management.

*click*

The NBA is a three month season, April-June.

7. DanOregon

I don't even bother reading my NBA preview issues until Christmas.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

W’s did not look good WITH Curry this year. He looked like Lloyd Free trying to do too much and chucking it up.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

...and the rest of the league is going to really enjoy running it up on them after the last five years.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

No problem with the Embiid/Towns fight....it happens. But I'd be embarrassed if I was them for those social media meltdowns. Geez, grow up.

poindexter likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I feel bad for all those people spending hard earned money to watch the Warriors at the new arena this year.......

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Warriors say Curry to miss 40 games. Stick a fork in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted