1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earl Campbell says black QBs are the only way to go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Bohls: Campbell thinks he can fix what ails Texas football

"Earl Campbell thinks he can fix the Longhorns. Texas’ first Heisman Trophy winner told me last week that he loves Sam Ehlinger, but he has a requirement for future Longhorn quarterbacks. "Until the University of Texas realizes you have to have a black quarterback, and nothing against Ehlinger, you got to have a talented, black quarterback," Campbell said. "All these schools that are winning, even in the pros, have black quarterbacks. When guys are not open, something can still happen." He mentioned Tua Tagovailoa, Vince Young, Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson and J.T. Barrett, who wanted to come to Texas."

You have to have a black quarterback? Um, what? Yup, that is raycess, but nobody will say shit because it's slagging white guys, which is hypocritical.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If the Colts win the Super Bowl, then I'll be convinced. ;)

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Big Lead asks why this isn’t a bigger story nationally. It’s a good question.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can't read it.

Does it answer the following?
    Has Texas offered scholarships to top minority quarterbacks since Vince Young?
    Has Texas rostered minority quarterbacks since Vince Young?
    If the answer is "yes" then I really don't know how this holds up.

If a trend of UT not offering scholarships to minority players, then it needs to be shown.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That quote I posted is literally the only reference in the article.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another good question to ask Jacoby Brissett will be how long has he been a black quarterback.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Has he seen Rodgers play??

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So, you mean that, generally speaking, he's saying that blacks are more athletic than whites? As if there's nothing wrong or untoward about that? Like others (granted, mostly whites) have been thinking/saying for years, only to be called racist?

This really could be a bigger story. But maybe it isn't because people know that viewpoint might actually be true. So, for the sake of political correctness in the other direction, they're not touching it.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I can hear Giselle now: "Once you go black you never go back"

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Tua is black?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Media dude: You need black qbs to win!