1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston PR vs. the media

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Oct 12, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, these guys need Crisis Management 101

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It’s incredible to me anyone important (or the PR hack of anyone important, who obviously wrote this) could write or say the words “sorry if anyone was offended.”

It’s such a problematic phrase and so obviously puts the blame for the situation on those who took offense rather than the one who offended, and that phrase has been point out so many times...

It’s like “thoughts and prayers.” You’d think all the negative attention on that exact phrase would cause politicians to try to use other language, even if it’s just as empty. But no no no, we still get waves of “thoughts & prayers.”

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't think there's anything the Astros can say to make this right. They fucked up royally in trying to act like Taubman did nothing wrong. PR disaster.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm shocked, etc.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Red Sox can cross this guy off their GM list.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The way they handled this is going to get the guy fired and ostracized. Simply apologizing wouldn't have done that

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What an epic clusterfuck.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Good thing their players are good at their jobs.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did anyone tune in to NPR at 524?

The guy needs to exit stage fired.

And I’m still somewhat confident there’s video, even if its Astros in-house video. A jackass like that gets attention.

I can’t figure out if the SI reporter was the target or some other reporter was. It doesn’t matter but this has been oddly revealed.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

The guy is going to be gone, that's obvious.

I'm more interested in the firing of everyone who had a hand in the denial statement that was so horrible.

tapintoamerica and Tweener like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted