1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best American Magazine Writing '19

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Songbird, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mazel tov to the llama and all of the winners.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wonder if magazines - the physical artifact, printed on paper and sent through the mail - will survive the Information Age.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not with anthologies whose cover looks inspired by Saturday Night Fever

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It's curious where magazines have gone, I used to love to browse the rack and usually found something interesting. I was in a store the other day and saw this

[​IMG]

There were car, sports and fitness magazines elsewhere on the rack, but I laughed at every "Men's Interest" magazine being about weapons.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you let the olds do cover design.

6. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

That's what the supermarket racks look like everywhere in the South (where I live most of the time), but the "women's" sections are equally stereotypical, filled with cooking, decorating and brides magazines. In other words, the entire rack system is the 1970s encased in aspic. And it really gets weird at the checkout counter: plastic surgery, divorce, and ...murder!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted