1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 7

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

GEAUX Tigers!!!
    Love watching Gators lose

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How in the hell is that roughing the passer on LSU? He hit him in the thigh.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird to say in a 42-28 game with almost 1,000 yards of offense, but LSU's defense won this game. Two goal line stands and didn't allow a point in the last quarter and a half. That's good stuff.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rutgers has a real shot at lowering that bar. They have two games left (Liberty and Illinois) where they might score more than 10 points.
    They were terrible on offense last year, but actually played solid defense and gave some teams fits in the second half of the season. This year they suck on both sides of the ball.
    On a related note, I think I've found my gambling huckleberry for the next six weeks.

playthrough likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Okay - maybe I was wrong. Looking forward to LSU-Bama. And I think Florida is better with that back-up QB. Some fun football this evening.

On another note - I'd really like to see coaches financially penalized when their teams get unsportsmanlike conduct calls before a game, like what happened in Dallas - Cut their bowl bonus in half - otherwise you only end up encouraging stuff like this.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    maumann likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Liberty may actually be favored in that game.

Batman and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Didn't get to watch the game that closely, but I read this morning that USC and ND got into a brawl during halftime. Refs gave every player on both teams unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, meaning if any of them got another in the second half, they would be ejected. By the way, I was stunned to see the ref at ND was Michael Mothershead, the worst of bad lot of Pac-12 refs.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I did not see the play but heard Kelly was on the field (at the numbers) lining up ND players on USC's final onside kick. No penalty called, not reviewable. And yes, Mothershed's crew is awful, the Pac-12's worst.

Waiting for the SEC spin on how Georgia is still a CFP possibility, despite a home loss to a sub-.500 team. Vortex of domination!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why do you need spin?

They win out (highly unlikely), they join Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio State in playoff.

Unless they get bumped for Oregon, who would have lost to an SEC team (Auburn) Georgia would have beaten.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Smart's recruiting classes aren't just "Top 10" . . . they're 1-1-3 the past three years.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THE SEC EAST STANDINGS ARE TOPPED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI*

2019 SEC Football Standings

*currently ineligible for title, though.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted