1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Almost thought of putting in "A Whole New World" in the hed, but didn't want to have to swap it out when necessary - or come up with new stuff.

I feel pretty bad about the Rockets, Morey and China - mainly because of the team's relationship with Yao. It is interesting how everyone is so hot and bothered about any interaction with China these days - as long as they keep supplying us with Iphones and other cheap consumer goods.

NBA on China-Rockets rift: Open flow of ideas key

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I took Morey's initial tweet as a deliberate attempt to get fired.

(Not for a moment suggesting he did anything wrong, but he knows very well how valuable China is to the Rockets.)

Webster likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

By the way, the NBA's Chinese "translation" of its statement is apparently an entirely different statement.

4. PCLoadLetter

Yo... Ben Simmons hit a three. A long three. With beautiful form.

Game changer.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Day Day shows rookie Jordan Poole who’s boss

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Zion has a frigging Dad bod, but man, he is going to dominate the NBA.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He better insure his knees and feet for $200 million.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I like how people were getting hot and bothered by the reports about how incredible LeBron and Davis were in practice together, but then they remembered that the rest of the Lakers' roster is trash, so they SHOULD beat the B-team by 60. Like, I think the Lakers are dangerous in the playoffs because they would (probably) have the two best players in most match-ups, but the west is ridiculous, and losing either guy for a month makes their playoff situation precarious.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Zion Oden?

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I had a similar reaction when the injury was first reported. Big man with a leg injury is a huge red flag, but Embiid came back from his broken foot. Simmons missed a year.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've honestly invested zero in getting excited about Zion. Seen too many top picks in the NBA flame out after a year or so of breathless coverage of how they will "change the game." In a lot of ways, meniscus is a bigger problem than a ligament since it involves the entire knee and will likely become "balky" and a chronic problem.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted