1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great California blackout coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

“Francis Scott Off-Key.”

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was just wondering last night. How will this blackout affect the Dodgers’ playoff schedule?

Oh, wait ...

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Don't forget to tip your cap as you round the bases

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, I don't think anyone who's ever seen or heard about Erin Brockovich wonders about that.

Wenders likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And we're bracing for another round this weekend. Yup, fear of high winds, but in my neighborhood, the trees are barely moving. At the store last night, they were shutting down briefly to put a generator online.

8. Spartan Squad

My family less than 10 miles north of me will all have their family shut off. Places less than 5 miles to the south might be affected. Mine is going to be fine even though I'm basically at the base of a hill.

And the irony in all of this is PG&E is responsible for this fire despite plans to shut off power in the northern counties earlier. 50,000 people are fleeing now.

Live updates: 50,000 flee fire in Sonoma County, PG&E power outages start Saturday afternoon

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

So people are trying to evacuate Healdsburg and Windsor but their power is getting shut off three hours from now? That's asinine and ridiculous.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

According to the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, PG&E is basically turning off the entire North Bay, including all of Marin, Sonoma, Napa and Solano. That's just ducky.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

First 55 yrs only lost power once; ‘89 Earthquake. Last 2 mos; twice. What is going on? PGE just screwing customers over. Yet they award each other billions in bonuses. I got to watch Fargo,season 3 on 6” DVD player; 2005 all over again. Not fun.

12. Spartan Squad

You never got hit with the rolling blackouts? Then again I can't fully remember if I ever did...

Draft saved Draft deleted