1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Lauer has his transaction cancelled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No way is this thread still open by sunrise tomorrow.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hold my beer.

3. Vombatus

“muddied”?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sounds like you and Beer Bong Brett would get along.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is an interesting article or discussion to be had about when someone's bad behavior should no longer be an issue. The various degrees between harassment, unwanted touching, abuse and rape, and the he said, she said nature these end up taking. Is it enough to believe the victim or do we as a society need to go a step further and require accountability (legal and/or otherwise) - and is there any sort of rehabilitation possible for those involved? Should there be?

Since we're not talking about legal charges against Lauer - whether the stuff in Sochi was consensual or not doesn't matter. He was in a position of power over the woman, and it sounds like he was never shy about flexing that power around the office. Consent really isn't a yes/no thing - it's as much about the relationship dynamic as anything else.

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Who else is pumped to read Catch and Kill.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Outside of taking the appropriate action - have NBC, or CBS or Fox even issued a public apology for knowing this stuff was going on but doing nothing?

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I will say this...that statement from Lauer is waaaay more descriptive than what I expected. It almost sounds boastful.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

News alert, is it that hard to avoid dating someone that's a subordinate? No. Go somewhere else. Go to a bar, a "mens" club, use your phone, the supermarket (one of the best), anything but.

matt_garth likes this.
  10. Vombatus

It’s Sochi. Fuck a Russian.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, but then you have to start espousing your love for Russia on message boards.

12. Lauer is a POS and serial offender. He was-is wrong. Period.
    That said, I'm with CD on this one.
    I think her story on the Sochi Olympics encounter, is a story.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted