1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

FFS, New York Times, enough with Schweitzer.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We should have anti-corruption controls that are way better than they are, and if any politician such as Trump is guilty of nepotism or putting his kids in positions of power that they then use to enrich themselves, it should be criminal. I'd also suggest we should be scaling back what elected officials can and can't do in terms of handing out stuff to people -- domestic or foreign. Our government is out of control, in my opinion, and it lends itself to corruption of all kind.

But if my dad had been president, it would have been unfair for his decision to be president to put limits on what I can and can't do with my life. I didn't run for president. He did. Hunter Biden should have been free to do business in or with Ukraine. There is nothing illegal about that, and if you or I can do it, he should be able to.

IF, though, there was any corruption and Joe Biden was using his office in a corrupt way, THAT would be the thing we should be being vigilant about.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    lakefront likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Um, no thanks.

[​IMG]

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dude, your personal problems as a theoretical president have nothing to do with how the Shrub was completely undeserving of the presidency and too stupid to be his own man when he was. WMDs is his malicious, inbred baby. The thousands of service members who died in Iraq did so in vain.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I prefer this Trey Gowdy solo.

[​IMG]

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Maybe so. But the country wanted its pound of flesh after 9-11 and he gave it to them. Should cooler heads have prevailed? For sure. But to point at Bush and act like he did things in a vacuum is preposterous.

I sometimes wonder how our anger and vitriol would have been directed if we hadn't gone to war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

they got a satellite feed from remulak at least have the decency to listen to what he has to say

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Trey Gowdy ... not even the corn in Trump's shit.
    I see Marse Lindsey is praying to God this morning to help the Kurds.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hypocrisy is the primary belief system guiding those on the Right.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.