1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matt Lauer has his transaction cancelled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Oct 9, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/09/rona...uer-raped-ex-nbc-staffer-in-sochi-hotel-room/

Nevils told Farrow the pain was excruciating and she spent the entire ordeal crying into a pillow.

“It was nonconsensual in the sense that I was too drunk to consent,” she told Farrow.

“It was nonconsensual in that I said, multiple times, that I didn’t want to have anal sex.”

Despite the alleged rape, Nevils said she had more sexual encounters with Lauer when they returned to New York.

“It was completely transactional. It was not a relationship,” she told Farrow, according to the report.
    Too drunk to consent. But yet she continued to have sex with him. And it was only transactional. So, like, ya no longer liked the transactions so you accuse him of rape? Because that's what it looks like to the public. Same with Rose MacGowan and Asia Argento.

Ya got drunk and went back to the hotel room of a married man. And then, much later, you regretted how it turned out. What am I missing?

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think this is what you're missing: “It was nonconsensual in that I said, multiple times, that I didn’t want to have anal sex.”

3. CD Boogie

Yeah, I don't believe that. You lose that side of the discussion when a) you go back to a married man's room, and b) continue to have a sexual relationship afterwards.

If she got raped, she should have said so immediately. Otherwise, everything afterwards is muddied. That seems pretty clear to me.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

BadgerBeer likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

SHES a subordinate! Jeez that’s sexual harassment. Even if she likes it, the vast majority of those in that position are being exploited instead of enjoying it. Yeah it’s human nature analytics.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

so every guy accused of rape is automatically guilty? Kobe was at least accused immediately, not years later in a fucking book.

7. CD Boogie

There's a wide chasm between inappropriate workplace relations and rape.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Kobe admitted to it, and apologized.
    How do you not know that?

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you’re harassing someone, the chances of rape grow exponentially.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

I do know that. So equating him and Lauer is not in parallel.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ah no, but I’d bet the house the vast majority are. You guys clinging to the 1% proven innocent are amazing.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Going anal without consent is rape.

Draft saved Draft deleted