1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 7

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Probably not. Good offense, suspect defense. The nine-point spread caught me by surprise. If I were so inclined, I'd be tempted to pick University-6 to cover that sucker.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Nah, they got it right. Akers was down with no time on the clock. Right elbow, followed immediately by left knee, at 3:16 here.

Now let’s talk about the 59 yards worth of penalties the Wahoos had hung on them on the last drive, without any of which UVA would have ended the game in the victory formation. They had three fourth-down stops negated by penalties on that drive alone, but sure, the refs handed them the game.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Don't commit penalties and their won't be any.

FSU should've had seven seconds to clock the ball and call a final play. They were jobbed out of that. Period.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Complaining about college refs screwing up a game and costing a team a loss is like complaining about rain canceling a golf outing. Both are random events that inevitability happen to somebody every weekend.

Batman likes this.
  5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

To get at the initial Miami question, they were -5 in turnovers and still had a shot to tie VT at the end. They played Florida close. They seem to always play to the level of their competition, and they're at home. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a close game.

Also, UVA's O-line is really, really bad.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I understand why it was changed but when did it go from the Red River Shootout to the Red River Showdown?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2005. Then changed from Red River Rivalry to Red River Showdown in 2014.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I, for one, am just glad that Jerruh hasn't got his mitts on the Red River Rivalry game yet.
    But I fear it's coming after their deal with the Cotton Bowl ends in 25.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

This is quite the thread.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Cu
    curious to hear the input of the guy who runs that university. After he gets back from China with his NBA team.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty rich take coming from a guy who has transferred twice. I do think the new redshirt rules will need to be adjusted - most likely limited to a specific number.

Draft saved Draft deleted