1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I imagine an Uber from Jersey to Uniondale is probably going to run like $150, especially at rush hour on a Friday.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think he’s a terrible and obnoxious announcer, and may or may not be a piece of garbage away from the mike. But I don’t think he meant to say “karma” here, at least not in the “he deserved it because of what he’s done to others” sense. More like “bad prep” going into the corner like that.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You’re probably right, he’s just such an asshat that I don’t give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sea Bass likes this.
  4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Trust me, I wanted to watch the clip and get really pissed off too :)

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The more I look at it Polak actually had bad intentions and got unlucky

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The undefeated Buffalo Sabres. I just wanted to write that while I still could, before they're eliminated from the playoffs in January.

Liut and Vombatus like this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i dont know, he announces like he’s some kind of self appointed policeman of the hockey gods. He frequently drones on about karma and code and all that nebulous bullshit

Liut likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Mine eyes have seen the glory!

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Lightning put some distance in last night's win with a goal from Pat Maroon, who just planted his big ass in front of net and waited to clean up the trash while guys bounced off of him trying to move him from that spot.

First guy that Lightning have had that can be a real physical presence in front of the net in a long time. It is exactly what that soft team needed. If he's healthy all year, $900K is going to be a steal.

Liut likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Anthony Mantha scores all of the Wings’ goals in a 4-3 win over the Stars in their home opener, including the winner with 54 seconds left
    Mantha has five in two games and the Wings are 2-0

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sharks start season 0-3 (two to VGK, one to the Ducks) and couch coaches are screaming for DeBoer's head already. YGBFKM. Kane out all three. Perhaps looking for someone to fill Pavelski's shoes. I was going to try and pay more attention to regular season hockey this season, but is this the idiocy I should expect (except from here, of course),.

Liut likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The lack of understanding by some Sharks fans is staggering. And that void of dumb can suck you in (as someone I'm sure will dig out old posts of mine). I saw people calling for the cutting of Jones, firing of Pete and of course the refs are out to get them. I try to enjoy the Sharks but then fans get in the way.

Liut and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted