1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bill Bidwell now flies with the angels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Oct 2, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, he owned that team a long time, and never did didly.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lock this thread.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Bill Bidwill or Mike Brown: who ya got in the worst owner pool? Dan Snyder is sneaking up on the inside.

Liut likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One of the first Cardinals training camps I covered, I spelled his name Bidwell. Arizona Republic reporter Steve Schoenfeld (RIP) was kind enough to pull me aside and let me know about the mistake, so I wouldn't make it again. I didn't. Hell, I was happy anyone from the big paper was reading the stuff the little guys wrote.

Liut likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

But in the end, it's Marc Davis ... streaking to the finish line by 10 lengths.

Liut likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always thought it was Bidwell - if the Cards were any good maybe I would have learned it while he was alive.

About the only thing I like about the Bidwills and the Cardinals are their ties to Al Capone.

The NFL's Dirty Secret

heyabbott likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals didn't raise holy hell when the Football Cardinals relocated there in 1960. If that had happened in 2020 instead, no way in hell the football team would be able to keep the nickname. THEY would've been the Morans.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Definitely not by a hair.

Twirling Time and wicked like this.
  12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Grew up in St.Louis. Loved the Cardiac Cardinals. Can remember to this day the game against the Skins in 1973 where Mel Gray "caught" the game winning TD to lead them to the playoffs (that would be easily overturned in today's game). Remember missing the playoff game against the Vikings where they lost because I was an altar boy at a wedding (one of the songs was "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Croft--oh, the 70s). To say it broke my heart when they fled to the desert would be too strong, but have always had a disdain for the guy ever since. Glad to see there are no RIPs on this thread. Fine if someone wants to post one, but it sure as hell won't come from me.

Liut and exmediahack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted