1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Artie Lange hospitalized

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cjericho, Oct 16, 2017.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I hope the guy gets well, but who gives a fuck right now? His rambling, storytelling style was hit or miss for me. What funny, interesting stories can he tell after spending a decade in some wash, rinse, repeat drug abuse cycle? His comedy was so self-centered, but lacked any deep introspection or greater understanding. He tells funny stories. I doubt he has many from the last 10 years.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is going through rehab and he has funny stories to tell. I bet Artie has plenty of new material.

3. justgladtobehere

I think the stories someone at Artie's stage tells are more sad than funny.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's lost a fuck ton of weight, even from his early stints in Crashing on HBO

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Artie is still alive. Was on Kirk Minihane’s podcast last week. Sounded really good and clear-headed. It starts about a half-hour in.

cjericho likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Saw a piece a couple weeks ago where him and Howard may be getting together.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He wants to be back on. Stern won’t let Gilbert Gottfried on, doubt he’s having Artie back.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Interesting thing is Howard generally loves Artie, but knows that he's so fragile, that he doesn't want to do anything to upset the apple cart by having him back on.

9. justgladtobehere

What's the deal with Gilbert? Seems to be some confusion about it on Reddit.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard that he came in and spit in the food that was set out for staff and guests.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Artie looks the best he has in years — well, except for the nose. Hope he’s on the sobriety train for good, or at least for a good long while.

Draft saved Draft deleted