1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

According to Forbes, 4 of the least valuable teams are the Rays (30th), A's (26th), Brewers (25th), and Twins (22nd).

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, that’s what happens to Florida Gators fans.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pete Alonso breaks the rookie home run record with his 53rd. I know the baseball is juiced, but still impressive. And really seems to "get it."

Now, will the Mets screw him up or will he suffer some awful injury?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He’ll suffer an awful injury and then the Mets will screw up his rehab.

sgreenwell and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hurdle's out, too. Huntington to stay GM, for some reason.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I am absolutely losing it watching the Giants' post-game ceremony for Bochy.

9. Spartan Squad

Watching the feed from Facebook to get caught back up. Saw Panda's tribute and it got dusty. After all Boch did for him and how he came back with tail between his legs, that thank you was special.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing those names come out - I'm still astounded the Giants won three series.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Rangers had Vladimir Guerrero, who spent one season in Texas, on hand today to say an emotional goodbye to their 20-year-old stadium. Yeesh. What a joke.

12. Spartan Squad

I think it is a true testament to Bochy that he got the best out of a large amount of bit players to win three titles. He had a core of pitching and understood how to use the pen, the rest of it was getting career effort out of some of these guys. Pence and Scuttero in 2012, Cody Ross, Edgar Renteria and Juan Uribe in 2010, Ishikawa and Gregor Blanco in 2014. Of course, having Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain and Mad Bum in 2010, Bum in 12 with Zito and finally Bum with Vogelsong in 2014.

Draft saved Draft deleted