1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma State beat writer | The Oklahoman (Oklahoma City)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ryan_Sharp, Mar 7, 2019.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Big hunting area. A lot of rich people go there in the fall, stay in resort-like lodges and then search for deer.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

It's absolutely amazing how this business has gone. What once took 20 years to achieve can be done in a year or two simply because you're young and you're cheap labor. They might as well preface their ads by saying ... "Hey come get your feet wet on a major college beat because we're a dying business and we don't pay shit. And to Hell with all the people who spent the majority of their lives climbing the ladder to reach their goals. We'd rather buttfuck you and give it to some newbie!"

Fuck newspapers.

Justin Rust likes this.
  3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I think you’re looking for the “General state of the industry” thread, Doc.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They promoted from within to fill the position. Sorry you didn’t get the job.

Justin Rust likes this.
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I don't apply for jobs. I've got a good one, don't need another, and will not work for another newspaper once my time is up here. In the mean time, fuck off.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Did you not get the hint when they deleted your first profane post?

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I thought I'd read Doc's response before.
    And aren't they trying to get rid of the snark on the Jobs board. Elsewhere, snark away if you're so inclined.

Draft saved Draft deleted