1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Paying off the 30-30 question, baseball's first 30-30 player was Ken Williams of the St. Louis Browns. He had 39 home runs and 37 stolen bases in 1922. He was also caught stealing 20 times. He never hit either 30 homers or stole 30 bases in any of his other 13 seasons in the majors.
    No one else joined the 30-30 club until Willie Mays did it in 1956 and 1957. There are now 41 players who have done it.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

If you had given me 100 guesses, I doubt I would have guessed Ken Williams, which is a tad unfortunate. He really had a very interesting career.

3. cyclingwriter2

The other Hall of Famer with an mlb dad is Roberto Alomar.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

In the most recent installment of the NFL's top 100 players, as chosen by fellow players, the Cowboys led the way with 8 players. Which team had none?

5. cyclingwriter2

I’ll say dolphins.

6. CD Boogie

Reasonable guess, but incorrect. Xavien Howard was 55 on the list.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Mike Hebert

Mike Hebert New Member

Raiders?

8. CD Boogie

Another reasonable guess. But Antonio Brown was traded to the Raiders in March and was considered part of that team when the voting took place and the results were announced this past summer.

9. Mike Hebert

Mike Hebert New Member

Yeah I didn't know if you were counting Brown or not now that he's uh.. taking classes at CMU

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. Mike Hebert

Mike Hebert New Member

I found out the answer but since I looked but I'll keep quiet so the folks here can figure it out

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

12. CD Boogie

Nope, they actually had three: Mike Evans (53), Jason Pierre-Paul (65) and Gerald McCoy (75).

Draft saved Draft deleted