1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That’s fine as long as you’re going to call all of the late hits on Pickett at the end, which they didn’t.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since you asked ...

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Chad Morris is going to make a lovely position coach for somebody in the ACC next year.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The week before in the Virginia-FSU game a player got flagged when he went at the quarterback's knees unblocked. I think it should be treated as harshly as targeting. There's just as great a chance for injury.

Obviously on that play he didn't get him to get the "targeting" part but the intent of going low was there so the personal foul is obvious.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sonny Dykes sends him a Thank You text every night for leaving SMU.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nick Saban doing AFLAC ads. Is he hurting for money? Did he find out a top recruit is a HUGE fan of the AFLAC duck?

7. HappyCurmudgeon

The sweet sound of getting a $1.5 million check for a win.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Saban is kind of deadpan funny, much the way I figure Belichick would be in a commercial. I have never dealt with either, though, so I could be wrong about Belichick.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

Arkansas, another SEC program that basically dumped a guy after one bad season because they have convinced themselves they could compete with Alabama if they had some "innovator" who hadn't done dick to show he could win at the level they want.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

The few Saban post-game pressers I have been in were funny because they were blowout victories and he would get stuck on some very random penalty, like a block in the back during a punt return or something, and get pissed off about it. Like the 57-3 victory was marred because the third-string safety clipped a guy and nullified a 30-yard punt return.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don’t know if Arkansas boosters are ready to pay another coach not to coach. Especially when they are already on the hook for the bonds for a stadium expansion that was obviously not needed.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The thing I always flash back to is his on-field interview after the Bluegrass Miracle at Kentucky in 2002. One of the greatest, most memorable plays in college football history, a bright spot in an otherwise mediocre season, the entire team and stadium going nuts around him, and he looked and talked like they'd just gotten beat 35-0 because they blew a lead before winning it.
    Observing him over the years, though, it seems like he's lightened up some after six national championships. Like maybe 10 percent.

Draft saved Draft deleted