1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Uh.......

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

September 2019 average temp (including today)
    Oxford, MS: 93 degrees
    Berkeley, CA: 77 degrees

Days with high ≥ 90 in September 2019
    Oxford, MS: 19
    Berkeley, CA: 2

3. tapintoamerica

The University of Massachusetts needs to drop down to FCS again or drop football altogether.
    So far this year:
    at Rutgers 21-48 L
    home Southern Illinois 20-45 L
    at UNCC 17-52 L
    home Coastal Carolina 28-62 L

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'LL FORGIVE THE FUCK OUT OF LAST WEEK IF YOU PULL OFF THIS WEEK

LEZZGO!!

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And I've been in an earthquake at Memorial Stadium and hit a deer in Oxford. All of which still has nothing to do with your "oppressive heat" statement, especially for a noon game. But if you want to spew generic averages in an attempt to prove a point, you win!

Southeast football IS THE DEVIL! (Even when the weather doesn't fit your talking point.) I like Pac-12 football, too. Some of my best friends graduated from Pac-12 schools. I'm glad Cal is competitive again. Makes the Big Game more fun.

And enough threadjacking. I know the two hottest months of the year in Berkeley are September and October (1991 specifically), but this is a college football thread. So I'm out.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  6. tapintoamerica

The Bears haven't played or practiced in those conditions while the Rebels have practiced in them literally every day.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Polls being wrong is what makes them so fun.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Does aTm only care about the Clemson game every year? Whenever Mond throws the ball, it hangs up so long for the defenders to get under it.

9. tapintoamerica

This may be the most irate that Ole Miss people have been since the early 1960s. This time, they might be right. The still photo in this story sure looks like a TD. The interesting thing is that the SEC Network didn't have a goal-line angle, which is pretty amazing for a play that started inside the 5.
    Ole Miss fans feel robbed after controversial spot leads to wild ending

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Pac-12 officials gonna Pac-12 officiate. Must have been affected by the oppressive heat :p

11. tapintoamerica

Well done.
    The "Pac 12 officials" line in the statement works on two levels. It fuels a conspiracy theory. And, well, it's Pac 12 officials, a phrase that is its own punch line.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

I kept waiting and waiting a decent replay angle. The SEC Network never showed it even though it stuck with the game long after the final play.
    This is one of the questions the folks at the Pac 12 will have to answer: Did the review crew have any angles other than those available to the home viewing audience? If so, what did they show?

Draft saved Draft deleted