1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antonio Brown sued - he deserves his own thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Found it.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Chiefs were in on him when he was released by the Raiders.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That was what, 20 accusations ago?

HanSenSE and JC like this.
  4. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

A few things have changed since then...

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oh now the Chiefs will be an upstanding organization.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

https://www.xfl.com/

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Hope no one spent good money on an AB Patriots jersey. If anyone did, probably serves them right.

PaperClip529 and bigpern23 like this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even Drew Rosenhaus sounded defeated in his statement.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Will the Pats refund the cost or is their threshold double murderer and above?

Vombatus, Tweener and Sea Bass like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, the situation has changed dramatically. All the other shit isn't on the same level as accusations of rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. Also, there is the new accusation that he sent threatening text messages to the artist who accused him of sexual assault. One of those text messages reportedly included images of her children.

I question the morality of the Chiefs, as I do the morality of all NFL teams. That they still employ Tyreek Hill shows they are willing to overlook some ugly shit. But the accusations against Brown since he was signed by the Patriots do bring things to an entirely new level.

The Patriots certainly didn't cover themselves in glory in all this. They seemed perfectly happy to put up with Brown's shit and even the rape accusation. It took him taking an action after he joined the team, the text messages, to finally push things over the edge. Even then, he still practiced with the team Friday.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My point is, if, and it’s a big if, a team signs him, those are the two I can see doing it.

Until there’s video, I think someone will eventually sign him. I would love to be wrong on this. Which would be a first. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted