1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I bet in Mississippi, and that's what we get. Standard vig is -110 on point spread bets, and a three-team parlay pays 6-1. So on a $10 straight bet I wind up with $19.10, and on a three-teamer I get $70 back.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nice. Good to know.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Most of the lines are -110 as well. Some books, however, are goosing the lines against the regional teams. If you want to play those schools, it’ll cost an extra point most times. Makes for good value going the other way.

Parlays and teasers have been the same values as Vegas. And Mississippi.

Betting on my phone is incredibly fun.

4. poindexter

I've never been more jealous
    DFS just doesn't cut it.

I'm not positive California will have it in my lifetime.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True.
    But with this uniform, they’re the Chicago White Sox “(Good Guys Wear Black”) of college football.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Steve Sarkisian probably did only one good thing as the USC coach. Nodding toward Oregon he said, “We fall back on our rich tradition...We’re not going to take the field in 13 different uniforms.”

7. poindexter

And then he passed out, hammered.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pac-12 officials up to their usual BS in the Utah-USC game. 15 or 16 penalties in the first half, at least one-third of which were bogus. But they finally flagged Whittingham for UC, that guy is the biggest whiner in the league now that Stoops and Helfrich are gone.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's nice seeing SC play with some fire. Utah's a bit sloppy.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

SC has a ton of talent. Urban will have a great season there in 2020. Utah coughed up a hairball, as it always does at some point.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They haven't won in the Coliseum since joining the Pac12.

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that football drives decision making at about 80% of Power Five schools. Kansas, Duke and a couple other schools may care about basketball. And Vanderbilt, Northwestern and a couple others may care about academics. I believe that schools think if they take care of the football team everything else can be worked out.

Draft saved Draft deleted