1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2019 Nascar thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 11, 2019.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I went searching for it when Modified veteran Mike Stefanik was killed in a plane crash earlier this month and couldn't find it.

And Kyle Busch has said a lot of stupid things, but frankly, nobody cares any more.

2. maumann

I also saw some story that NASCAR has hired Dallara to build something. Spec chassis? Spec bodywork? I didn't care enough to open the story but that's one more step away from "stock cars."

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can only hope this is a safety issue. Otherwise, it smells of Car of Tomorrow, Part II. The original wasn't good enough to justify a sequel.

HanSenSE, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  4. maumann

And in either case, does that put another four dozen frame builders or sheetmetal guys on the unemployment line?

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That’s kind of an indictment on NASCAR. The guy won Rookie of the Year in the trucks when he was 40-something. I wonder what he could’ve done had he gotten a half decent Busch or Cup ride about five years earlier.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've gone from being a diehard fan, traveling NASCAR and NHRA writer to "Where they racin' this weekend?" and "Who won? Who?"

maumann likes this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I always enjoyed the NHRA event when it came to the track south of Richmond. Did more NASCAR races than I can count, enjoyed it more when the drivers were more accessible and less programmed.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mainly, it tells me that y’all started using the Dale Jr. plane crash thread as the NASCAR thread because the search function is broken.

maumann likes this.
  9. It's gotten so bad, there was a story that Paul Menard is retiring.

The most high-dollar also-ran in NASCAR.
    One win! ... At the Brickyard on a fuel mileage gamble to beat Gordon.

maumann likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

When dafuq did the Charlotte Roval become a thing? It made for the most entertaining 20 minutes of NASCAR I’ve seen in years.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Last year, if memory serves me right. This might have been the third year.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So there is going to be a new New NASCAR car - love the paint job - but I'm curious, is this just the template NASCAR requires for each team in terms of body? How do the various teams incorporate the new template into whatever their models are supposed to represent (Camry, Mustang, Impala)? How do you do teams separate themselves if the car is supposedly uniform?

NASCAR wraps up two-day test for 2021 debut of Next Gen Cup car

Draft saved Draft deleted