1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fix the search function

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

There was once a brave and noble poster who volunteered to do all of the board's searching for them. Whatever happened to that guy?

[​IMG]

2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Slacker likes this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

XenForo does list some known bugs when the number of total posts crosses a potential threshold. There's also the possibility of the host needing a PHP update.

Or an admin has disabled user searches.

cjericho likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I normally ignore your garbage too so it's all good.
    Next time don't respond and save us both the time.

TheSportsPredictor and JC like this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That means you have invested well.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Search function vanishes one day roughly around the time a bunch of edgelords vanish.

[​IMG]

Chef2 likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When someone asks again about the search function on a section of the site devoted to asking about things like that, and then you post a made-up narrative that isn't true, get used to me responding.

So much nonsense gets posted on this site. There have been so many ridiculous narratives on here, and people repeating them, and yeah, I do ignore so much stuff and roll my eyes, figuring that the majority of people on here are sane.

But sorry, as much as I hurt your feelings, what you posted was nonsense, and I didn't want others to think you actually have any insight into anything since this is a section of the board devoted to the actual site.

The only person who would have the ability to disable the search function is Jeff, and he's been AWOL. I seriously doubt he actually found the time (when he hasn't found the time for anything on here) to disable the search function over a ridiculous narrative, which would have him scratching his head anyhow wondering wtf you are talking about. Normal people don't really obsess over this site that way.

The most likely explanation is that the site needs maintenance. I can't say that for sure, though, because I have no clue why it stopped working. If you can get Jeff to fix it, by all means, do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.