1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he's one of those guys that flashes a lot of potential, so every coach in the league thinks, "Imma be the one that turns this guy into a STAR." His combine speed was 4.4 in the 40, according to the Internet, and I remember that was one of Gregg Easterbrook's bugaboos, how stupid it was that coaches / GMs gave so much credence to the 40-yard dash.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

"Everybody forgets"? I don't think so. People I know still get on him for having his daddy force the trade. And I remember it as being solely he wanted to be in NYC over San Diego.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that's exactly it. They make excuses, such as pointing out that he didn't have a good quarterback throwing to him last year. Then they were raving about him catching everything the first couple weeks of training camp, but once it came time to play in the games, he showed that he is the same scrub he has always been.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

For a guy with little to no marketing cache, NYC was a wasted opp. But as I recall the Manning’s didn’t like the Spanos family (can’t imagine why) and that’s why they pushed for it.

Every time I see Rivers throw a pass, I am amazed at his success. It’s so damn weird how he slings, but man it works

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just saw Cousins' INT at the 5:00 min mark of 4th against Packers, that was so bad. It was 1st down at the 5 and the Vikings are killing the Packers on the ground and he throws a duck off back foot from about the 15. Awful. That's why Cousins was a 4th round pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted