1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Name a regular NFL TV contributor who routinely takes NFL owners to task regarding safety, labor issues or holding cities hostage for stadiums. I'll wait. They'll go after players for "not respecting the game" "being a bad teammate" or whatever, how many have said Robert Kraft should be punished for his activities in Florida?
    The silence from people willing to weigh in on the tiniest thing - and yet when they talk about owners it's "Mr." Kraft. What the hell?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

And - He's obviously got a lot of other baggage going on, but I'm sure plenty of the TV talking head guys took note of what happened to Simmons. The football TV gigs in general reward a sort of safe, "aw shucks let me say what I'm REALLY thinking guys!" sort of commentator that's like a B- at best.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I"m not saying it can't be a good deal for the Steelers. It absolutely can work out for them. I just thought you were being a little too optimistic about this year's team and I think this is closer to being a fair deal than a steal.

I also didn't mean that Rudolph can't be a hell of an NFL quarterback. I meant that we have to see how he handles the way teams attack him. The example of teams game-planning for his arm not being as strong as Roethlisberger's was just one way he will have to adapt.

4. DanOregon

They want BIG opinions - just not a BIG opinion that ruffles the feathers of The League. Is there a significant critic of the The League on the air? On cable, radio whereever? About the closest I can think of is Dale Hansen.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your record of predicting how QB’s will turnout would scare me if I was a Steeler fan.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Helps that he played together with James Washington at OSU. If he's free in your fantasy league, I'd grab him.

7. Helps Washington, I hope.
    He's been on disappointing side the last two years.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't play fantasy football, but I do think Washington will step into a bigger role. They definitely work well together.

I expected Washington to move into a larger role anyway with Moncrief proving to be such a disaster. He should not be active this Sunday. Hell, I wouldn't argue if the cut Moncrief at this point. I know he supposedly looked good in training camp, but he has been terrible in pre-season and regular-season games.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wasn't it mentioned -- maybe by you -- that he allegedly has a finger injury? He better have bc there's no excuse otherwise for those drops. Either way, he needs to be benched bc he's killing the team.

I'm not sure why they even signed him. He's had plenty of opportunities in this league, first with Andrew Luck throwing to him, and last year with Jax. He's a sixth-year, vagabond wideout. You lose arguably the best wideout in the league and you try to staunch the bleeding with that hump?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You got your butt smacked, Pawllllll

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. DanOregon

Everybody forgets Eli forced the trade to the NYGs and you never hear about how selfish he was. It's couched as "he didn't want to play in the same conference as his brother." White analysts might not be making it about race, but when you come at questions like this with such weak arguments - it really comes off that way.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Also, keep in mind had Eli's forced-trade been in the other direction, the East Coast media would still be piling on him to this day.

Inky_Wretch and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted