1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Bless up.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Bill Burr's last two Netflix specials are amazing. His jokes are incredibly well done. Minute long bits that come around and are hilarious.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With the exception of Schitt’s Creek, the comedy category this year is the ‘27 Yankees.

6. DanOregon

I'm watching Mrs. Maisel and while good - the Jewish family thing has been done better before - with a lot more nuance - there are better options.
    I like Brad Whitford, but Michael McKean's turn on Better Call Saul should have won Guest Actor Drama

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I kinda hope if there's ever a roast of my own father, I'd have the best material too.

Also, I haven't watched this season of Schitt's Creek, but what I've seen on Netflix is amazing. The best show I saw in the last year was Fosse/Verdon.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fleabag is very funny.

Bill Burr is funny in a brutally honest way.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Agreed. I watched the entire first season in one sitting and really liked it.

11. DanOregon

The Survivor premiere was interesting - I wish they had a camera on the first person voted off hoping there was a "second chance" just to get the reaction when they realized it was really over for them.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We watched a few new sitcoms:

Bob (hearts) Abishola — not perfect but a funny and smart show with two very likable leads. Will watch more.

Perfect Harmony — I really like Bradley Whitford but the first episode was awful. Not funny and very little plot logic. No mas.

The Unicorn — it looks cheaply done and the first episode covered way too much ground (understandable given it had to get to him dating). Great cast. Not completely sold but will stick with it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted