1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That legend of Vince having people lose in their hometown is true. So far, North Carolinians (Cedric, Braun and Charlotte) are 0-fer. Now, it's up to Revival.

2. nietsroob17

Becky hits the ref once in the back, he's unconscious in the ring. She hits Sasha multiple times, they continue wrestling up and down the arena steps.

Rrrright.

3. nietsroob17

So, Braun loses AGAIN, but that was a great ending. I can envision Bray and Seth being inside the cell next month. Only makes sense.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is that the first time they've ever paid off a big man going to the top rope and hitting a frog splash?

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So do we think Bryan or Bray is behind Harper and Rowan? Or both in some big super team?

Or neither?

6. nietsroob17

I think if anything, we'll get Bryan turning face again (or at least teasing it) to team with Roman against the brothers.

I don't think we'll get any tie-in with Bray until the storyline with Seth has run its course. However, I have this small sinking suspicion they may try turning Braun to rejoin Bray.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Daniel Bryan as white kofi babyface is so much less interesting than unhinged bearded earthy crunchy comic book villain Daniel Bryan.

Kofi isnt very interesting doing that right now. 2 such characters would be lousy. I hope Bryans the mastermind of the Bludgeons and it stays far away from Bray.

Bryan/Roman is a program that can run to Wrestlemania if they let it.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So I go to bed as Rollins is saying goodbye for the night ... and I miss Bray.

Well, at least I had a good night’s sleep.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It feels like forever ago that Braun was poised to be the next Hogan, and instead, they tried to slow down his push and killed it altogether. Now he's Big Show 2.0.

10. nietsroob17

Is the Fiend responsible for the graphics being run upside-down on the screen?

11. nietsroob17

That Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs looks like someone, but I can't quite place it.

sgreenwell and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, he looks like he used to be a dentist and a scab truck driver.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted