1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Started watching Tin Star on Amazon. Solid cast with Tim Roth, great location with the Canadian Rockies and an interesting premise - British cop takes job in small Canadian town to escape violent past - town is soon overrun by new workers for an oil processing site and others looking to settle a score - and then....well it ends up going off the rails, for some of the oddest reasons - overwraught score, really odd narrative choices and characters who make even worse choices. It probably wants to be a Coen Bros. rip-off - but the characters are pretty basic.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

TruTv's "I'm Sorry" starring, created by and occasionally written by Andrea Savage is a riot. Produced by Will Ferrell and Andy Samberg, so lots of familiar faces in guest roles. Netflix has the whole series streaming.

3. And she is also easy on the eyes.
    And hilarious !

garrow likes this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Glad to see there is another season. She really reminds me of Larry David's character, Larry David.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Approved for a third one next year.

lakefront likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Netflix is losing The Office and Friends but in 2021 is getting.......SEINFELD!! I love Seinfeld (I own several seasons but DVDs are such a hassle nowadays). I guess I'm keeping Netflix for a while more.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I love Seinfeld, but I don't think it replaces the hole caused by losing those other two shows. Apparently they're huge with the teenage and 20-something crowd, whereas Seinfeld skews older.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Office is funny as fuck. My 11-yar-old daughter just binged it until Michael Scott left the show. She said it then started to suck. I'm so proud of her for picking up on that. Some singer named Billie Eilish likes the show, too.

Friends... I've lived this long without watching it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seinfeld currently streams on Hulu. But I hear you about DVDs...I could walk the 25 steps to the shelf and grab them or I could push 3 buttons, not move at all, and queue up another episode of Gilmore Girls.

I really don't care about The Office and Friends, but I hope they don't take Parks & Rec down anytime soon. Also I'm slowly but surely getting through Cheers and Frasier.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Parks and Rec has four production companies, according to Wikipedia, so I'm not sure who would make the ultimate call. One of them is Universal, so I'd guess them, but no clue what kind of deal they're on with Netflix. Those sort of "contract" details are still pretty hush-hush, vs. like sports contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a market for a website for that kind of info, for TV nerds, similar to Spottrac. (Maybe there is a site already, and I'm unaware of it.)

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've never been able to sit through an entire episode of Friends.
    Just finished the first episode of Undone on Prime. Still unpacking how I feel about it. At first blush, I'll say I recommend it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Alec Baldwin Roast is pretty good - a lot of the same targets hit over and over, I get the impression that Sean Hayes was a last minute fill-in as the host. Chriss Redd was the only SNLer to show up?

The opening title sequence is genius.
    His daughter had the best material.

Draft saved Draft deleted