1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F--- boxing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by anonymousprick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

As long as Mayweather doesn't need money that won't happen. Even if he did there are enough of those crummy exhibition type deals like the one he did in Japan that will net him a quick buck.

Meanwhile for Pacquaio, given damn near all his gross revenue goes to taxes, can you blame him? The other option is take 15% of the potential Mayweather salary and get his ass kicked by Errol Spence.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Flashed back to Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and Duk-Koo Kim (sp?).

Photo I saw in the paper after Mancini's knockout shortly preceding Kim's death was disturbing.

Can't imagine this was any better, especially reading about the attempts at alleviating the swelling and general treatment.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

oof

terrible terrible week

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tyson Fury came thisclose to blowing his huge rematch with Deontay Wilder, fighting through a terrible cut early in the fight to win a decision over Otto Wallin. It was one of the worst cuts I ever saw a guy fight through, the real star was Fury's cutman who kept him in the fight. Wallin was slow and ponderous and until the last round the only decent punch he landed was the left that busted Fury open.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Haven't watched it yet.

But Fury looked a little flabby pre-fight, so as always, I'm not sure how hard he trained for this one.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just saw a close-up of the cut.

Yikes.

Once you're cut across the brow ridge like that, you have to wonder how likely it is to re-open in the next fight.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very ugly, and there was a cut on the eye lid too. While I don't think Fury will morph into a heavyweight Vito Antuofermo, I have no doubt Wilder will be targeting it with his jab early and often.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Looks bad enough that depending how it heals, it could be a career-altering injury. He's only 31.

Had they set the date for Wilder-Fury 2 yet?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Fury mentioned it in his post-fight interview, after he called out Wilder, said he was a "bum". I believe I heard Feb. 22.

Draft saved Draft deleted