1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football, Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 9, 2019.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Late in the fourth at Penn State, Pitt kid makes a great grab in double coverage to set up first-and-goal at the 1. First play is a QB option but his receivers are slow to get open and he eventually throws it away. They get stuffed on second, the tight end misses his block and the QB hurries the throw on third. And instead of going for it on fourth, Pitt opts for the shanked missed FG.

You only get so many opportunities to beat a top-20 team when your defense has been stout. If there's a clear signal to send to your team that you believe in them, that was it. Even if you don't get the TD, you pin Penn State at their 1.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So much for Maryland's new and improved, high-powered offense. Stopped on three separate drives after having first-and-goal, including twice on fourth-and-goal from inside the 2, and lose 20-17 to Temple.
    On the last one, they also burned two timeouts before third and fourth down with about two minutes left. You think those might have come in handy when you're trying to keep Temple from bleeding out the clock?
    AND they punted from the Temple 42 with 12 seconds left in the half.
    But, hey, they did record two safeties. So they've got that going for them.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Maryland was atrocious on offense in the fourth quarter. Temple punts and returner brings it back inside the 5. Stuffed on fourth down. Temple punts again on the next series and the punter shakes the ball out at the 7. Maryland receiver catches the ball out of bounds on fourth down. Temple runs out the clock. That is some kind of futility.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm with ex.
    The Okie-Lite @ Tulsa over 65 is like stealing money.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Zoomies beat CU in Boulder.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I went in on that. In a parlay with Maryland and Georgia. Thus explaining today's bitterness toward a Maryland team I otherwise have no feelings for one way or the other.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The ACC is not putting its best foot forward today against FCS opponents.
    Georgia Tech lost in overtime to The Citadel, and Virginia Tech rallied in the second half to beat Furman 24-17 after being down 14-3 at halftime.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You gotta stop with the parlays, man.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm chasing the dragon, man.
    Plus, the way I bet, that's where I make money. The one or two straight bets every week are to cover expenses. The parlays are (or should be) profit. With 50 or 60 games on the schedule it really shouldn't be that hard to find three that are locks. I'm finding two of them every week. Just can't nail down that third. It's more frustrating than anything.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wenders and maumann like this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Literally every other division of college football would like to invite the Bowl Participation Trophy Division to fuck right off with that nonsense.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted