1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Famous Newspeople Who Are Really Bad at Their Jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LanceyHoward, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Sports Barf

Typical conservative response.

4. PCLoadLetter

See? Again.

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. Sports Barf

Almost everyone thought the idea was misguided. But sure let’s just pick on the same 6 low hanging fruit Fox News hacks everyone else dips into when they want attention from woke twitter and paint this as a conservative argument.

RonClements likes this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

That's not her point. You don't even understand the piece you think you are ripping.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m sure you know that Ferguson’s Tiger focus was a running joke here for years. There may even have been a parody thread of Ferguson ledes of historic news events.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I remember that, to the point when, during the first major after Elle practiced her irons on him, I did a deep read on Ferguson's story to decide if I should use his story or wait for one off our supplemental wire. It was damn good.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Self-owns: let's add 'woke twitter' to 'PC' and 'virtue signaling.'

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Larry King

A guest could tell him that they have the secret to life and he would already be moving on to the next question.

11. That's true.
    Does not mean Ferguson is bad at his job.
    I'm with Hondo on this one. Yeah, he mentions Tiger. Because Woods is who folks are interested in. If anything, Ferguson gets it. He's never falsely quoted anyone or made up quotes. He's stories are concise and solid.
    No, I am not Doug Ferguson. Don't know the guy. But I read him a lot. In fact, I prefer reading him over just about anyone else when it comes to day-to-day PGA coverage.

Lots of folks are bad are their jounro jobs, if we are listing Ferguson, he's waaaaaaay down the list.

RonClements and HanSenSE like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Should she have gone to Spelman or Morgan State or Howard rather than Michigan State?

RonClements likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted