1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If only search worked, I could prove that several times on this here thread I've declared TWBB the No. 1 movie of the century. I don't need no stinkin' Brit newspaper to validate me!

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved it. It hooked me from the opening number.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, I loved it too. It's about as inaccurate a biopic as has ever been made, but it was a lot of fun.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is especially true when looking at some of the crap on that list.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought the reviews were unduly harsh. Like complaining about Pocohantes because it had singing animals. It was a "show" about Barnum - people disappointed it wasn't a doc - well, go make your own movie.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I go back and forth on it.

Certainly top 10. But it can have the feel of agitprop, which makes sense given the source material.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the only musical I ever liked was Grease and that’s bc I saw it at a young age. Glee, etc. is just dreck to me

9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Get Out. It was pretty good. I was expecting a little more, but doing some reading after opened my eyes to many symbols and small details I missed. This is definitely a movie one needs to watch more than once.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Saw Hustlers last night and liked it but was also the most traumatizing movie I've been to. Halfway through, I hear a bit of commotion behind me. Turn around and people are moving and starting to yell. A medical emergency? A gun? No. The word every New Yorker fears most: "RAT!" I haven't moved like that in 25 years. Scrambled up to my seat and stood on it. I didn't see it but people on that side of the theater were fleeing. Popcorn flying, sodas spilling. I walked out and about 25 people were out there. Security came and on his radio said someone saw a rat but most people stayed in and the movie keeps playing so what should they do? One woman said it was just a mouse. Another guy said, "It was a rat. I watched it running." A few people left for good but many others, including me, walked back in after a few minutes. Didn't see the rodent again. One woman literally ran out of her shoes and had to come retrieve them from the aisle. As we walked out at the end, the workers gave us a free pass for a movie, so we have that going for us. God damn rats.

Alma likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You went to see Hustlers, and a screening of Willard broke out.

Alma and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

On my first and only trip to New York two years ago, a few days in I finally saw a rat in a subway station. I was so happy. My trip would have seemed somehow ... incomplete ... without seeing a rat in the city.

Draft saved Draft deleted