1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma State beat writer | The Oklahoman (Oklahoma City)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Ryan_Sharp, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Writer

Writer Member

He goes from having an average D1 beat job to getting a NFL beat job. Can't imagine Cleveland.com is paying all that much.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Probably about what OKC was paying. But I'd much rather have an NFL beat than a college one.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

But he now has to live in Cleveland. Yikes.

Good luck, kid.

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Cleveland is actually a wonderful city with a lot to offer - NBA, NFL and NBA teams, a national park, the Rock and Roll HOF, the Pro Football HOF down the road, MACtion with Akron and Kent State, a surprisingly nice beach on Lake Erie with a huge park, and a plethora of excellent restaurants. The winters may suck, weather-wise, but don't knock Cleveland. I've never lived there, but spent a couple weeks there over the last two years as part of the Home Run On Wheels journey, and can't say many bad things about the city.

TGO157 and HanSenSE like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And once again, Ace is bypassed. Unbelievable.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

This. The Mistake By the Lake days are over.

RonClements likes this.
  7. Tweener

I have lived there, man, and can tell you that you get a much better sense of a city when you actually live there. You can have a good time just about anywhere when you’re just visiting for a few days.

8. Tweener

I’ll also add that most people don’t determine whether a city is a good one to live in by how many sports teams and museums it has in the surrounding area.

9. RonClements

I've lived in a lot of areas across the country - La Crosse, WI; Oceanside, CA; Jacksonville, NC; New Bern, NC; Greenville, NC; Pittsfield, IL; St. Louis, MO; Charlotte, NC; Crestview, FL; and spent significant time in the Dallas and Seattle areas, and can tell you that Cleveland is honestly one of my favorite places to visit. Indianapolis is also great.
    I just assume Tweener is a member of Bowling For Soup.

BurnsWhenIPee and Tweener like this.
  10. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

For real, though: Was Crestview the worst? I lived in Fort Walton Beach.

11. RonClements

I didn't mind. I was only there for two months, but it's still our mailing address as we live fulltime in the RV. I did spend a lot of time in Destin and FWB, though. The Pep Boys in Crestview isn't great; I'll say that. haha

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd see Pittsfield, Illinois, mentioned on here. Went to college with a girl from Pittsfield - she always spoke fondly of the area.

RonClements likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted