1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Triple Crown winner failed drug test

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 11, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

"The documents reviewed by The Times do not show any evidence of pressure or tampering by Justify’s owners."

Cool. Then why write 2,000 more words?

3. HanSenSE

Seems like the board was not only dragging its feet, but dug in even more after the horse won the Derby.

Like California horse racing isn't in enough trouble with all the horses dying at Santa Anita last meeting.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really wouldn't have wanted to be the person holding the cup on this one. Or the "aimer."

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Could be worse. There's an aimer when a horse stands at stud also.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My brother-in-law played football at Kentucky. This was one of his offseason jobs.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I love thoroughbreds but the sport is a raging dumpster fire. At some point Baffert will have to explain but of course he'll claim ignorance or technicality. What a joke.

Great reporting by Drape.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I worked with a guy whose family owns a thoroughbred farm in Kentucky. He told stories about growing up around that industry that made me laugh very hard indeed.

10. HanSenSE

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You should see the Amish when it’s a big stud draft horse. As long as my arm and thicker. Truly kind of frightening.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Two hands?

Draft saved Draft deleted