1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Legit question: When he wins in 2020, are there enough qualified people willing to work for him to fill out an administration for four years?

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The OKC bombing is barely a footnote outside of a few hundred miles around the city - even as more McVeighs are emboldened by the alt-right.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And nothing else matters ...

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I look forward to more imaginary dancing arab / second tallest building / helped out a little bit at Ground Zero reminiscences from the White House powder room today.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Qualified"? When did Trump give a shit about that?

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Whither the hot tears of the stolen valor worriers?

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

With FATUS less is always more.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump: "And if the Democrats try any rough stuff, you tell 'em I ain't no band leader."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    heyabbott likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's right there with Pearl Harbor - as long as there are survivors. And even then - there are thousands of families that will never be the same because of 9/11 and the wars it spawned. Maybe it would be different if we just sent a Seal Team in and took out the organizers, the funders et. al. like Israel did after Munich '72. But that thing left a big footprint on our national psyche. It isn't just what we actually feel - but what we think we're "supposed to feel" about it. Me, I'd like to think it was a lucky punch. Ramp up homeland security and find the people responsible and remove them from the equation. And move on. But I can understand people feeling the need for a major military ramp-up and incursion inton SE Asia and the Middle East and having significant boots on the ground.
    Aren't the Yankees still doing the God Bless America thing? Aren't kids fighting this war that weren't even alive when 9/11 happened? Aren't we still dealing with the migrant situation that has followed the military actions in the Middle East? Brexit.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.